Thursday, August 2, 2007

What? I won a Rolex Daytona?? Luckismo!

I don't mean to brag, but it's just really exciting. I won the grand (and only) prize in the Rolex Daytona Sweepstakes from Revolution Magazine. Part of their celebration and promotion of the US edition. It's a great magazine documenting the actual revolution that's occurring in modern horology.

Doubting it was true when first informed, partly due to a semi-vague Fedex letter stating "I may have won..." and requiring some documentation, proof of self, notarized signatures, etc. But after a little investigating of the company that was handling the Sweepstakes for Revolution, it was indeed no joke or scam, I won the watch! As Jack Forster puts it, "The Daytona of course needs no introduction as one of the most highly sought after watches on the planet, as well as one of the most technically distinguished chronographs in the world, employing the in-house cal. 4130 which is virtually unrivaled in robustness and serviceability."

Accepting the watch like a deer caught in headlights
Revolution Editors Matthew Morse, Jack Forster and me
They documented the day here-->Link

I want to thank everyone at Revolution, their online forum Horomundi, and whatever evil spirit that allowed me to win such a valuable and classic timepiece!

Yee Haw!


| Watchismo Blog | Watchismo Shop | Contact Us | Subscribe |


Subscribe to The Watchismo Times
Enter your email

Delivered by FeedBurner

SUBSCRIBE!